Monday, June 1, 2009

Hey guys!!! I haven't been able to update my blog in a while, but some crazy things have happened on the way to Santa Cruz!!! First, we saw the GRAND CANYON, which is AMAZING!!!! I've put a bunch of cool pics up on facebook...we wanted to catch the sunset but there were too many clouds to do that...so we went on our way into Kingman, Arizona for the night, at a sketch-looking rodeway inn...but it never got sketch so it was cool...Next, we left from Kingman to Barstow (finished I-40!) and ended up in San Bernardino, California, just 45 minutes from downtown L.A. We went through the Mojave desert, which is HOT (obviously) and through a "inspection station" where they asked if we had any fruits, vegetables, or pets...this time we didn't :) but anyway we got in Friday night with so much anticipation for L.A. on Saturday, which was CRAZY!! We bought a city pass so we could go to several things, and we went first to the Kodak Theatre, home of the Academy Awards and American Idol for several seasons! We also went to the Wax Museum, but since I haven't seen many movies, I didn't recognize a lot of it :) lol but I took pictures anyway! Then, we ate lunch and went to another museum with memorabilia from American movies...my favorite was Ocean's 13 collection! We then went outside Grahman's theatre to wait for the premiere of Land of the Lost, where Will Ferrell and others were going to be! Eventually we saw them, although I felt like a sardine for an hour...but anyway we then went on a tour of the stars' homes and other sites in LA, and we saw some amazing places...we got to see the homes of Will Ferrell, Orlando Bloom, Bob Barker, Nicole Richie (my favorite ha), Dr. Phil (his house was the prettiest imo), Tom Cruise, and SO MANY others! We also got to walk the Hollywood Walk of Fame and get some star pics...which will be on facebook as soon as it cooperates...anyway by this time I was flustered from the big city and we were tired and hungry, so we went to Hard Rock in Hollywood to finish the night! I love going to Hard Rock and I collect the white basic t-shirts; I need a less expensive collection lol! but anyway after that was really frustrating on both of us...Dana's bike wheels were stolen and we got lost in LA for like an hour, which was really getting on my nerves...I was SO GLAD to see the hotel that night! That was the devil's way of trying us...he always knows how to do that! But we are "pressed but not crushed, persecuted not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed!" Anyway, we woke up Sunday morning to make the drive from Inglewood to Santa Cruz, and had a BEAUTIFUL view of the mountains and the ocean...the ocean was right to our left as we were climbing mountains! We had amazing views!! Kind of a scary thought though...we arrived in Santa Cruz, very tired and worn out around 7:00 local time...we kinda weren't supposed to be getting in until today :) lol but it's cool...then we spent some time with some amazing people from Tennessee and Kentucky before going off to bed...can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us!

2 Corinthians 4:8-15

No comments:

Post a Comment