Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 3 of 'Travel

Hey Guys! We have now finished our third day and are in Albuquerque, New Mexico! We started the day in Russellville, Arkansas so we had a LONG day on our hands but we made the most of it. We breezed through Arkansas and Oklahoma, stopping at the Oklahoma welcome center where we took pics under the teepee picnic area. Then it was off, all the way into Texas. This is where the fun really began. First, I was driving and was really looking to stop at their welcome center, when I noticed it was 100 miles in! Fortunately, there was a "safety rest area" about 50 miles in, and it was the nicest rest area I've ever been to! It had beautiful views, which you can see on facebook, and a cool display on the power of wind, as they used a windmill to generate power. Anyway, then we stopped at several things in Texas. We stopped first at a leaning water tower and took pics of us holding it up, then we went a mile down the road to a huge 200-ft high cross (the largest in the Western hemisphere!). Then, a short while later we stopped at a "bugg ranch" which was 5 VW beetles with their noses in the ground! The area around it was so sketch-looking...it looked like something off of Texas Chainsaw Massacre or something! They say everything is bigger in Texas, and I believe it now! As we were leaving Texas crossing into New Mexico, there was this huge thunderstorm, with the most insane lightning I've ever seen. One strike flashed 5 times in 5 different places...and my fear of thunderstorms was put to the test. All went well though as I drove through it...by the time it cleared up, we were exhausted. After a failed attempt to find Arby's only to notice it was at the next exit and the sign lied :) and then it took a while to get our food, I was definitely a little frustrated. But we eventually made it there and now we are SO CLOSE TO CALIFORNIA!! Thank you guys for all your prayers and encouragement; it has been overwhelming and made such a difference! Thanks foremost though be to God who saw us through this crazy day and got us to our destination safely! Don't forget to keep praying for the project, the people we will be in contact with, and unity as a team!

Joshua 1:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment