Hey guys! I haven't written in a week so there is a lot to talk about...I hope I don't get too carried away! This is one of two posts on the week, for two reasons.... 1) it will be a book if I don't! 2) I have work in 45 minutes LOL! Now to the week...First, we actually started on our jobs...in my case that meant operating rides. Most of the time, I worked at Wipe Out, which is a scrambler type ride; basically there are three arms that rotate and cars on each arm that rotate as well...gets you a little dizzy lol! but anyway I was sort of nervous because there is a lot of power in those rides and it is all up to me to keep it controlled, but it is actually really easy and if I ever doubted the safety of theme park rides, I don't anymore, because only a huge mechanical failure would actually injure someone...I have also operated a kiddie whale ride called Bulgy, where the whales go around in a circle like 6 times per minute and there are several HUGE 18 INCH DROPS! LOL but anyway that one is actually the most fun just because of the interactions with kids...I also worked a ride called cyclone, which is the one that spins you really fast so that centrifugal forces take over and pin you to the seat....this is where I rant a little...because I don't like working it at all...the riders first of all DON'T LISTEN! they insist on putting their feet up or sticking their hands out...it gets SO FRUSTRATING! and you can't see how many people are on the ride from the entrance, so you have to count in your head, which sounds easy but is not when you have to check heights and take tickets...thus I go back and forth to fill the ride up...and then when you exit you have to line the ride up perfectly or the door won't open! Enough of the complaints though! Santa Cruz has been AMAZING! But anyway here are a couple of the other highlights of the first part of the week:
-Monday Night Live--this is like our weekly Crusade meetings...we have one every Monday night (kind of obvious) with emcees, P & W, and a speaker...we have two great bands; many of the NC State Crusaders are in them...but they are a lot of fun...and after every MNL meeting, we go to an ice cream shop just down the road, just like going to Bojangles! They have really good ice cream there; my personal favorite is oreo!
-Action Groups—this is our Bible study which we do each Wednesday night…I have 5 roommates: Andrew (our staff member and leader), from the University of Arkansas, Caleb (from UNCW), Ricky (from the University of Tennessee), Gordon (from NC State woot woot!), and Zach (from Western Kentucky)…it has been awesome getting to know them and building friendships with them! We are reading an awesome book called Experiencing God Within…great book based on solid Biblical truth!
Anyway I gotta blast off…always busy here but really enjoy it!
In Christ’s Love,
Johnathan
Galatians 5:16
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment