Wow. I am sitting in my living room, alone, walloped with the realization that the 2010 Argentina Summer Project briefing is about 24 hours away!!! What?! There is so much to do, and not that much time left! I cannot wait to be in Buenos Aires! Leaving Raleigh yesterday was one of the toughest 45 minute drives ever, though. I would compare it with leaving the Santa Cruz Summer Project last August, driving alone to San Fransisco to pick up my mom and sister. I think the nerves are beginning to set it now. Six weeks in neither another zip code nor a different area code but an entirely new place altogether!
There is SO MUCH going through my head right now. A few things I know, most from the Santa Cruz experience:
1) Our God is an awesome God! He has shown it to me in support raising, twice now, in the Word, and through two incredible years at NC State with Campus Crusade!
2) The fellowship of this trip will be unparalled! Nothing against NC State; like I said I absolutely love it! But, anyone who has been on a summer project I think will tell you the connections with your project people are just different. I chalk it up to being called by the Lord for the same purpose of making His name great in that specific place.
3) This next six weeks is going to FLY BY ultimately. Maybe not initially, but at the end of June I'm sure I will say "where did that period of my life go?" I know it did in California. I know looking back I can't believe it has been 9 months plus since I left that awesome place. But it has been and soon 9 months will become a year, two....
4) It is going to be an INTENSE experience! Simply put, there is nothing like a summer project. There is nothing like a U.S. project. Soon I will see there is nothing like an International one either!
A few things I am hoping for, praying for, looking forward to are:
1) I would love the Lord more each and every day! More when I leave than when I go! Deuteronomy 6:5; Matthew 22:37-39
2) My faith in Christ would be action-oriented and that this would be characteristic of my time in Buenos Aires!
James 1:22-25
3) I would not expect that my eloquence or intellect changes hearts. The Lord changes hearts!
Romans 9:15-16, Ephesians 6:19-20
4) My time in the Word and with the Lord in prayer remains solid, encouraging, and challenging and that the Lord will sustain me!
Deuteronomy 8:3, Matthew 4:4, Ephesians 6:18
5) That I am 100 percent sent, honored to be a vessel through which Christ shows himself to others, and that His Word doesn't return void!
Isaiah 55:10-11
6) That I hold dear and close the beauty of the gospel which has brought me to Christ. Furthermore, that I realize the things I do in themselves are outward expressions of a new heart rather than an acceptable offering to appease the Lord!
Galatians 2:20, Ephesians 2:8-10, Isaiah 64:6
Can't wait to see the Lord work within and throughout!
Johnathan
1 Corinthians 10:31
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment